No good deed goes unrewarded, or so they say, and if you’re lucky, that reward might just come in the form of free pizza. For a year.
A San Jose woman ordered chicken wings from Domino’s for lunch last week and got a side dish that she definitely didn’t ask for: $5,000 in cash, reports ABC 7.
She immediately called the Domino’s location she’d ordered from so she could return the cash… but no one called her back. That was pretty weird, she thought.
“Wouldn’t they be thinking, ‘Where did that money go?'” she asked.
Because she couldn’t get help from Domino’s, she called her local news station, and they were able to connect her with the franchise owner. She’s now getting free pizza for an entire year — and her manager at work also gave her the week off to repay her honesty.
We’d like to congratulate this customer on earning the status of, “You’re Not a Horrible Person,” along with the following subjects of previous Consumerist stories:
• The woman who found $1,000 at a bank drive-thru and didn’t give into temptation.
• The person who turned in a lost diamond ring at Newark Airport
• The homeless guy who turned in a backpack containing $42K.
• The California man who found $6,900 at the DMV and returned it to the rightful owner.
• The Taco Bell customers who returned the to-go bag that was filled with $3,600 in cash that didn’t belong to them.
• And one of the two men who found $1,000 outside a Schnucks store in Missouri.
And let’s not forget the 100% jerk who snapped up the $2,200 dropped in the parking lot of an El Pollo Loco, and then watched while that man panicked to find his lost cash. Luckily, the store’s manager offered to help the customer by giving him the full $2,200.
SAN JOSE WOMAN ORDERED CHICKEN WINGS, GOT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS INSTEAD [ABC-7]